General Practitioner (GP)
We have an open vacancy for a GP to work in our practice – ideally we are looking for someone to work 8/10 (however we are flexible regarding this) to join our team of 7 GPs, 2 Nurse Practitioners, 15 Nurses, 4 Healthcare assistants, 8 Medical Receptionists and 4 managers.
Waikanae Health is a Healthcare Home practice, we have an Urgent Care Unit that run alongside our GP consultations, and work with a local aged residential care facility.
Our on-call (after-hrs) services are managed by external telehealth providers, so our GPs are not required to be on-call.
We have 2 clinics – one in Marae Lane in the heart of Waikanae village, and a smaller clinic at 43 Te Moana Road, Waikanae Beach.
Please refer to:
- The Position Description and
- Information for GPs about Waikanae Health
To find out more please contact Diane Leyten, our Business Manager by calling 04 550 5419, or emailing email@example.com.
- Oversee the treatment and care planning of patients with complex health problems, including assessment, diagnosis, and prescribing medications and therapeutic interventions
- Lead clinical quality improvement programmes and practices, including monitoring, auditing and reviews of case records
- Provide services as a locum when GPs are absent
- Create and maintain links with specialist services (both public & private)
- Provide professional supervision and mentoring to RNs to ensure that care is informed by the latest international evidence
MyIndici is an easy, fast, and confidential way for you to keep in touch with us. Managing your health care online gives you the power to stay on top of your health anytime, anywhere.
With MyIndici, you can:
- Book and cancel appointments with your GP
Check your recalls (what health services you are due for)
Order repeat prescriptions
Quickly view your test results, medical history, immunisation history, current medications list and allergies.
Send confidential, non-urgent messages to us.
Receive personal health information and internet links relating to your condition.
Register for MyIndici
If you wish to register, please fill in the details below. We will then contact you via text or email with your password and give you further instructions to follow.
Having trouble with MyIndici?
Are you have trouble using MyIndici? Have someone from our team call you to help.